2008年5月2日 星期五

journal

Since I became a tutor, I start to learn how to teach my student. However, I found that I still could not teach grammar well to let my student absolutely understand. My little student is naughty and she can not sit on the chair docilely. She has no patience to listen to me or even finish her homework. Hence, I have to pay an effort to let her calm down and try to explain to her what the difference between helping verb is and be verb. Sometimes she does not do well on the grammar exams or mid-term exams though I reviewed the grammar with her last night. I will become nervous and do not know how to explain to her parents why she does not get a good grade in the exam. Since then, I finally understood what my mom had told me before. She said that it is hard to do a job after she became a pink collar. Mom said that she had to try her best to accomplish the work and be harmonious not only with colleagues but also boss. Although my student’ mom agreed that I could punish her if she was out of control, I still do not want to shout or even beat her. I prefer to treat her like my little sister. Therefore, I will feel depressed when she does not do well on her schoolwork and want to quit my job. I know that I do not have the ability to teach student, and may be I am not appropriate to be a teacher. Sometimes I will sympathy that little girl that she has to finish so many homework after school though she is only 7. I think my tutor experience will be a good opportunity to let me cultivate my patience and improve my teaching skill.

沒有留言: